Position: Battery Materials Scientist
About Imprint energy
We are developing new battery technology that aims to power billions of connected devices and sensors. Imprint’s products will enable the proliferation of powered Internet of Things devices. We’ve developed a technology to print ultrathin, flexible, safe batteries that are perfect for smart labels, smart pill bottles, smart band aids and more. Imprint and its manufacturing partners are starting to scale up and print thousands of batteries at a time. Imprint has received recognition for its thought leadership and accomplishments: MIT Technology Review Innovators under 35, 50 Smartest Companies, and multiple Best Product and Innovation awards. See www.imprintenergy.com; follow us at @imprintenergy.
You’re the master strategist to co-optimize all the factors that go into making Imprint’s ZincPoly™ batteries. From a mix of technical, mechanical, economic, environmental and production-related requirements and constraints, you architect and deliver solutions that delight our customers and partners. Your focus will be selection and/or innovation of substrates, mateirals, and formulations that advance, extend and improve our products and support continued characterization and improvement on all dimensions. Your choices help advance Imprint’s products from novel applications to production in the billions per year. You’ll have management and leadership responsibilities for our modest size but mighty team and own key parts of our relationships with supply chain and production partners.
- Develop chemistry platforms for primary and rechargeable Zn chemistry
- Design experiments, collect and analyze electrochemical and physiochemical data to understand factors affecting battery performance and the degradation mechanisms
- Optimize battery electrode and electrolyte materials for processability and cost
- Manage outside relationships with material suppliers, partners, and joint development efforts
- Demonstrated success in in innovating and commercializing new technologies
- Strong background in Material Science and electrochemistry
- MS or PhD in Materials Science and Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Electrochemistry or related discipline
- At least 3 years of industry experience in battery development, material processing, and expertise with relevant materials and components such as polymers, electrolytes, and/or electrode development
- Experience in material characterization: SEM, XRD, FTIR, DSC, TGA and electrochemical methods of analysis
- Familiarity with solution deposition techniques such as slot die coating and casting, screen printing, etc.
- Familiarity with data analysis and the use of statistical analysis software such as JMP
- Ability to work and communicate with a small team in a dynamic, fast-moving environment with minimal supervision
- Salary and equity incentives
- Health Insurance
- Retirement Plan