Position: Lab Operator
About Imprint energy
We are developing new battery technology that aims to power billions of connected devices and sensors. Imprint’s products will enable the proliferation of powered Internet of Things devices. We’ve developed a technology to print ultrathin, flexible, safe batteries that are perfect for smart labels, smart pill bottles, smart band aids and more. Imprint and its manufacturing partners are starting to scale up and print thousands of batteries at a time. Imprint has received recognition for its thought leadership and accomplishments: MIT Technology Review Innovators under 35, 50 Smartest Companies, and multiple Best Product and Innovation awards. See www.imprintenergy.com; follow us at @imprintenergy.
You’re the person that makes things work in our lab. You’ll prepare materials, mix inks, perform small-scale assembly, and collect a lot of measurements. You’ll work closely with Imprint’s scientists and engineers. You’ll follow recipes and processes meticulously; improve clarity of documentation; and capture all data as it happens. You’re dedicated, attentive, disciplined, meticulous, detailed, and organized.
- Follow recipes to manufacture inks, laminates, subassemblies, and batteries at lab scale
- Prepare tools and equipment for processing
- Support the Test and Quality team by preparing, logging, and initiating cell testing
- Supporting the process team by conducting in-line process measurements
- Take care of our lab as if it is our home - keep the lab clean, safe, and organized
- Document everything
- Share your observations and ideas with your team!
- Demonstrated success handling small-scale production in a lab, where you followed complex procedures – share your stories with us!
- Have repeatedly been seen as great to work with by your co-workers and managers; they say you deliver for them, you communicate with them, they like you – be ready to share examples
- Attention to detail and disciplined habit of recording data and observations
- Safe, efficient, and clean laboratory work practices
- Ability to read instructions, manuals, and procedures
- Complete comfort with the data entry and familiarity with data tools of the job, including Excel, Word and Google Docs
Highly Desirable Qualities
- Familiarity with manufacturing
- Experience with wet chemistry: mixing and coating
- Experience with metrology and microscopy techniques
- Experience with screen printing
- Salary and equity incentives
- Health Insurance
- Retirement Plan