R&D Lab Technician
We are seeking an exceptionally talented, innovative, and versatile R&D Lab Technician to join our technical team and “make it work!” This person will join a small, but growing team with momentum behind them. You will have the opportunity to shape the development of Imprint Energy’s novel battery technology from early prototypes through to application development and mass deployment.
The successful candidate will have a strong background in hands-on processing, laboratory or small-scale manufacturing. In this role, you will contribute by supporting various aspects of our battery process, from materials preparation, ink mixing, in-line process measurements, and failure analysis of batteries. Experience with solution processing such as screen-printing, slot die coating, and other casting methods is a plus. The R&D Lab Technician will interface closely with Imprint Energy’s processing and materials development scientists and engineers. This position is open immediately.
- Mixing of inks and characterization of ink properties to meet target specifications
- Supporting the process team by conducting in-line process measurements
- Materials and battery characterization, as well as failure analysis of batteries using microscopy techniques
- Make recommendations for improved battery processing
- At least 3 years of industry experience in a lab R&D technician role
- Ability to work and communicate with a small team in a dynamic, fast-moving environment with minimal supervision
- Attention to detail and disciplined habit of recording data and observations
- Safe, efficient laboratory work practices
Highly Desirable Qualities
- Experience manufacturing batteries or other electrochemical devices
- Familiarity with solution deposition techniques such as slot die coating and casting, screen printing, etc.
- Experience with various metrology and microscopy techniques
- Familiarity with ink or slurry mixing methods and tools
- Familiarity with chemistry
- Salary and equity incentives
- Health Insurance
- Retirement Plan