Position: Process Engineer
About Imprint energy
We are developing new battery technology that aims to power billions of connected devices and sensors. Imprint’s products will enable the proliferation of powered Internet of Things devices. We’ve developed a technology to print ultrathin, flexible, safe batteries that are perfect for smart labels, smart pill bottles, smart band aids and more. Imprint and its manufacturing partners are starting to scale up and print thousands of batteries at a time. Imprint has received recognition for its thought leadership and accomplishments: MIT Technology Review Innovators under 35, 50 Smartest Companies, and multiple Best Product and Innovation awards. See www.imprintenergy.com; follow us at @imprintenergy.
You’re the master chef and the brewer of the best inks for flexible printed batteries. From the solvents, polymers and powders you choose together with our scientist you create the formulations that work and scale. Your focus will be a scale up of our ink production, from lab quantities to hundreds of kgs and then to metric tons together with our manufacturing partners. You will participate in equipment installation, creation of mixing procedures, and writing production documentation ready for technology transfer. Your choices help advance Imprint’s products from novel applications to production in the billions per year. Your attention to details, self-discipline and time management will be a key part in success of our modest size but mighty team.
You will have to wear many hats and contribute to all aspects of battery manufacturing, optimization and testing.
- Develop mixing procedures for Inks for printable batteries
- Participate In equipment Installation and organization of the process flow
- Create detailed documentation for Ink preparation and quality control
- Improve quality of Inks and reduce their cost through material procurement and testing.
- Design experiments, collect and analyze electrochemical and physiochemical data to understand factors affecting battery performance and the degradation mechanisms
- Manage outside relationships with material suppliers, partners, and joint development efforts
- Demonstrated success in innovating and commercializing new technologies
- 3 years hands on mixing experience in industrial environment
- BS or MS in Materials Science and Engineering, Chemical Engineering or related discipline
- Experience in material characterization: SEM, XRD, FTIR, DSC, TGA and electrochemical methods of analysis
- Familiarity with solution deposition techniques such as slot die coating and casting, screen printing, etc.
- Familiarity with data analysis and the use of statistical analysis software such as JMP
- Ability to work and communicate with a small team in a dynamic, fast-moving environment with minimal supervision
- Salary and equity incentives
- Health Insurance
- Retirement Plan