Position: Process Tech
About Imprint energy
We are developing new battery technology that aims to power billions of connected devices and sensors. Imprint’s products will enable the proliferation of powered Internet of Things devices. We’ve developed a technology to print ultrathin, flexible, safe batteries that are perfect for smart labels, smart pill bottles, smart band aids and more. Imprint and its manufacturing partners are starting to scale up and print thousands of batteries at a time. Imprint has received recognition for its thought leadership and accomplishments: MIT Technology Review Innovators under 35, 50 Smartest Companies, and multiple Best Product and Innovation awards. See www.imprintenergy.com; follow us at @imprintenergy.
You are meticulous engineer with desire to know more in the art of formulating inks, working along with our senior mixing experts. Your focus will be a scale up of our ink production, from lab quantities to hundreds of kgs and then to metric tons together with our manufacturing partners. You will participate in equipment installation, creation of mixing procedures, and writing production documentation ready for technology transfer. Your choices help advance Imprint’s products from novel applications to production in the billions per year. Your attention to details, self-discipline and time management will be a key part in success of our modest size but mighty team.
You will have to wear many hats and contribute to all aspects of battery manufacturing, optimization and testing.
- Manage ink mixing process and equipment
- Participate in equipment installation and organization of the process flow
- Create detailed documentation for ink preparation and quality control
- Improve quality of inks and reduce their cost through material procurement and testing
- Desire to learn about batteries, their properties, performance metrics and test methods
- BS in Materials Science and Engineering, Chemical Engineering or related discipline
- Documented attention to details and self-discipline
- Experience in material characterization: SEM, XRD, TGA, etc
- Familiarity with solution deposition techniques such as slot die coating and casting, screen printing, etc.
- Familiarity with data analysis and the use of statistical analysis software such as JMP
- Ability to work and communicate with a small team in a dynamic, fast-moving environment with minimal supervision
- Salary and equity incentives
- Health Insurance
- Retirement Plan