Position: Vice President of Manufacturing
About Imprint energy
We are developing new battery technology that aims to power billions of connected devices and sensors. Imprint’s products will enable the proliferation of powered Internet of Things devices. We’ve developed a technology to print ultrathin, flexible, safe batteries that are perfect for smart labels, smart pill bottles, smart band aids and more. Imprint and its manufacturing partners are starting to scale up and print thousands of batteries at a time. Imprint has received recognition for its thought leadership and accomplishments: MIT Technology Review Innovators under 35, 50 Smartest Companies, and multiple Best Product and Innovation awards. See www.imprintenergy.com; follow us at @imprintenergy.
Reporting directly to the CEO, the Vice President of Manufacturing is responsible for the overall strategy, development, and execution of global production for Imprint Energy. The VP Manufacturing will build and lead all aspects of the manufacturing organization, including product engineering, process engineering, technology transfer to and support of licensees, production test development, materials sourcing and planning, purchasing, supply chain management, device manufacturing, and inventory control.
- Collaborate in creating long-range product roadmap to ensure manufacturing readiness.
- Identify, evaluate, qualify and deploy production equipment and facilities that will enable steep product ramps to very high volumes; assess and improve partner and licensee readiness and capability.
- Define and own aggressive KPIs for quality, performance, delivery, and cost for all products.
- Work with R&D during development to ensure product manufacturability, scalability, and excellence.
- Drive NPI from pilot to production via successful tech transfer and manufacturing verification tests.
- Work alongside business development to establish and deliver company production schedule.
- Help close strategic partnerships and major licensees, as the highly-credible executive that can convey the “can-do” of our technology, products and processes; act as executive sponsor for select manufacturing relationships
- Assist in building a best-in-class quality department.
- Proven success in leading manufacturing ramp from pilot scale to very high volume of high quality and cost-effective parts
- Proven success in effective technology transfer to multiple partners making your products
- Proven success in many-fold cost reduction through combination of product design changes, material changes, sourcing strategy and process improvements
- Diverse experience including leadership of product engineering, manufacturing, and operations.
- Experience in deploying and managing ISO-compliant processes and organizations.
- Demonstrated world-class execution of complicated product launches on tight product schedules.
- Engineering familiarity or expertise with some or all of: batteries / electrochemistry, printing technologies such as screen printing and SMT, electrical engineering as it pertains to test system development, mechanical / packaging engineering.
- Experience in selection and continuous improvement of global manufacturers and suppliers.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering and minimum 15 years industry experience.
Highly Desirable Qualities
- Direct battery industry experience.
- Experience in production of wet chemistry processes.
- Six Sigma and Lean certifications.
- Expertise at rolling out and managing ERP systems.
- Salary and equity incentives
- Health Insurance
- Retirement Plan